• Share this site with your friends

    Skin Facts [infographic]

    Summer is in full swing here in Texas. The temperature averages in the mid to upper 90′s with heat index in the upper triple digits. I actually passed by a parked car in the parking lot that was baking cookies on the dashboard! The scorching Texas sun is killing crops and emptying reservoirs. If the sun has such harsh effects on the environment, can you imagine what it is doing to your skin?

    I know it’s trendy to sport a glowing tan during the summers, but according to today’s infographic, that bronze tan is actually doing you more harm than good. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer. And those chances increase with each sunburn. Skin is the largest, most exposed organ of the human body, and we must do our best to preserve it. To all those tanners out there, slather on sunscreen and wear a sunhat! Because after all, beauty is only skin deep, shouldn’t you try to preserve that beauty?

    In March 2010, I was riding a chairlift at Snowbird when I got a call from my doctor telling me that I had squamous cell skin cancer. Later he told me how I could have prevented it. You guessed it: Sunscreen. And not just any sunscreen, but physical block sunscreen, with zinc oxide and titanium (crazy world when we choose to rub metals into our skin!).

    Writing about this last spring, I made a plea for skiers to take care of their faces. When we ski a lot, our skin is overexposed. Add the bright sun of bluebird days to the reflection coming up from the snow and it’s no wonder many skiers have faces that look, well, “used.” Who wants that? I don’t.

    Almost twelve months to the day of my diagnosis, I was contacted by Eucerin and asked to join their Skin First Network. Over the past nine months, they’ve worked with me to share skin care tips and products. I have thoroughly enjoyed partnering with Eucerin and I hope you’ve found something that you can use in these posts.

    This month, Eucerin is offering a Jolly Holiday Kit that is chock-full of Eucerin products. Some of them, I’ve reviewed before: Calming Creme Daily Moisturizer, Calming Body Wash, Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Lotion and Intensive Repair Hand Creme. And there is also a product that is new to me: Calming Itch Relief Lotion (with menthol and oatmeal for long-lasting relief). Do you sense a trend here?

    You should. Because along with the joys and festivities of the holidays comes the cold, dry air of the northern winter. And cold, dry air is tough on our skin. Each of these products will boost your skin’s natural moisture and calm any dry, patchy areas. The Calming Itch Relief Lotion is especially nice. The menthol is cooling, but it doesn’t smell like menthol. It just feels really good and immediately takes away any itchiness. And while use and like each of these products, other favorites are the Calming Creme (it’s like giving your skin a drink) and the Calming Body Wash (it helps you leave the shower feeling moisturized).

    • Eucerin Calming Crème (8 oz.) A gentle, non-greasy formula that combines calming oatmeal and rich emollients to help relieve dry, itchy skin for softer, healthier-looking and more comfortable skin.



    • Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Crème (2.7 oz.) A unique, non-greasy formula that intensively moisturizes and is enriched with buffered alpha hydroxy to gently exfoliate.



    • Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Fast Absorbing Body Lotion (16.9 fl. oz.) A unique formula with buffered alpha hydroxy that gently smoothes and moisturizes to reveal healthier-looking, radiant skin.



    • Eucerin Calming Body Wash (8.4 oz.), A unique body wash formulation that combines soap-free cleansing with omega oils and other natural lipids to nourish and soothe.



    • Eucerin Calming Itch-Relief (6.8 fl. oz.) A non-greasy formula calms itchy skin flare-ups with cooling menthol and natural oatmeal for effective relief that lasts up to 8 hours.


    These lotions and cleanser come in cosmetic bags perfect for your holiday adventures. And, because you deserve a little festive sparkle, there is also some nail polish thrown in for fun. Because putting your Skin First is not only good for a healthy glow, but a glamorous glow as well.

    Resolved: Skin First

    Do you have a New Year’s Resolution that will put your Skin First? I do. Even though I should know better, I still sometimes forget to put on sunscreen (or maybe I’m too lazy). For 2012, I resolve to put my Skin First, moisturizing and protecting it, so that even after a lifetime of skiing it doesn’t look “used.”

    Please share your resolutions here and on the Eucerin Facebook page. One winner will be chosen randomly on Friday, December 16th. Good luck!

    I am very happy to be working with Eucerin as part of their Skin First Blogger Network. As part of this effort, Eucerin provides me with skin care information, as well as skin care and wellness products. They also provide giveaways to my readers. This month, I will receive the same prize pack as the giveaway winner. Occasionally, Eucerin also offers prizes for creative posts and for completing a series of blogs.

    All opinions expressed in this post are my own and reflect exactly what I would tell my friends and family.

    This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Jessica! Jessica and her family own the website bring-the-kids.com. Check them out for lots of great outdoor adventure advice and fun! [via]

    http://dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/sintwo1.jpg


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS

    ShareThis